Every entry in your PlanMyAffairs account should be shared with at least one Designee. A Designee is a family member, friend or advisor whom you trust implicitly to act on your behalf to ensure your wishes are followed. Good choices include a spouse, a close sibling, the executor of your will, your power of attorney. You may also want to consider giving limited access to a doctor, financial advisor, estate attorney or the administrator of your nursing home.
You will have full control over which items in your account may be seen by your Designees and when they can see them.
Instructions to Add Designees
- Click the “Share” link – under “Customize View” and above “Print”
- Click “Add New”
- Add designee information in each box
- Click “Next”
- Indicate if you want this designee to report on your health, if “Yes” check “Yes” box
- Check the boxes of what you want share to with this designees / Select “All On” to select all
- Click “Save & Close” and an email will be sent to the designee.
Note: The designee’s user name is the email address that you entered and they will be prompted to create a password. Each human being will have a user name and password that will allow them to access their account / plan as well as all the designee accounts / plans that have been appointed to.