What information does the Company collect from you?
We collect information in several ways. Some of the information we collect is personal to you. Other information is anonymous. We collect the following categories of information:
- During registration, we ask for your name, email address, and phone number and other information about you.
- As a subscriber to the services described on the Website, you will enter information regarding your affairs into your personal profile (your “Profile”).
- When you report a problem with the Website or services we will collect contact information along with a description of your problem.
- When you contact us via the Company email address set forth herein, we will collect your contact information and any information you include in your email.
- When you visit and navigate the Website or open our emails, we may collect technical information about your use of the Website including IP address, device identifier, and viewing information.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect much of the information listed above directly from you when you submit it on the Website. This includes information such as registration information, contact information, user submissions, and information added by you to your Profile.
Indirect Collection – Cookies and Other Technology
- Provide you with personalized content based on your use of the Website
- Enable you to more easily use the Website by remembering and using contact information, purchasing information, and registration information
- Evaluate, monitor and analyze the use of the Website and its traffic patterns to help improve the Website and services
The types of technologies we use include:
You may disable browser cookies in your browser or set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent. You may lose some features or functionality when you disable cookies. Remember, also, that disabling cookies is browser specific. If you log on using Internet Explorer, you must also disable cookies in Safari if you use that browser at a different time.
- Web Beacons. We also employ a software technology called a clear GIF (Graphics Interchange Format), also known as a pixel tag or Web beacon. A clear GIF is a line of code that we place on the Website or in emails which allows us to analyze the general usage patterns of visitors to the Website. These help us better manage content on the Website by informing us what content is effective. Unless you consent, we do not collect personally identifiable information from you through the use of web beacons. You may not disable Web beacons.
- Log Files. Like most standard website servers, we use log files. Log files track Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We utilize this information to analyze trends, administer the Website, prevent fraud, track website navigation in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Flash Cookies. Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects, are used to store preferences such as video volume, or display content based on what you view on the Website using the Adobe Flash Player. Flash cookies are not stored through the browser. Third Party service providers may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Information about disabling Flash cookies may be found at adobe.com. If you disable Flash cookies, you may lose some features or functionality on the Website.
How do we use your information?
Our main goal in collecting information is to improve the Website and provide you with the best possible experience on the Website. We may also use your personal information to:
- Personalize online content so that is applies to you and your interests
- Make our services and the Website better
- Communicate with you regarding your subscription and notify you of enhancements or changes to the Website
- Process your subscription payments and otherwise deal with financial transactions between you and the Company
- Compile, analyze, and do research on our users demographics and behavior
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
We will not sell your information to Third Parties for the purpose of sending you solicitations or using such information to sell you products or services.
Who is collecting information?
With whom does the Company share my information?
We will not disclose any of your information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or under the circumstances described below. These are some of the ways that your information may be disclosed.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are contractually prohibited from using that information for any other reason.
Data in the Aggregate
We may disclose “blinded” aggregated data and user statistics to prospective partners and other Third Parties. Blinded data is data that does not identify an individual person.
Partners and Co-Branded Websites
To the extend you are accessing the Website through one of our partners or through a co-branded Website with a Third Party (each, a “Partner”), we may disclose to such Partner your name and the the term of your subscription for the purpose of fulfilling contractual obligations between such Partner and the Company. Unless you designate a representative of a Partner as a “Designee” in your Profile, a Partner will not have access to the information in your Profile.
We also may disclose your information in special cases. For example, when we believe that we must disclose information to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms and Conditions of Use, or may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other Website users or customers, or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities. We may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service and improve our products and services.
What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
Encryption. We encrypt information using 256 Bit Encryption technology. We encrypt information going over the internet and also going into our database.
To ensure that you will not receive recurring marketing or other information from us unless you choose to, we will provide you with simple instructions on each marketing email from the Company for you to let us know that you have chosen to stop receiving such emails from us.
What else should I know about my privacy?
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any information in your Profile. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Remember that any person you designate in your Profile as a “Designee” will have the ability to view the information in your Profile. You should only designate people with whom you have a high level of trust and confidence to be a Designee and you should review and update that information on a regular basis.
When you or we end your customer relationship with us, we will treat the information we have about you as if you were still our customer.
If you need further assistance, please send an email with your questions or comments to [email protected] or write us at:
Plan My Affairs, LLC
RE: Privacy Issues
5088 South Allison Way
Littleton, CO 80123
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PERSONAL PLANNING CHECKLIST TODAY
Download Your Personal Planning Checklist. This checklist will outline some of the many elements you should consider in your Plan My Affairs Plan.