Wise words of Eleanor Roosevelt: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present.”
Spring has sprung across the nation. The trees are waking up and their leaves are taking bud. Do you drive past the nursery thinking, “I want to plant some flowers. I’ll get to that next week.”? The fact is, sure, we may have decades more life to life and plenty of time to plant flowers or start a vegetable garden or play a round of golf or talk to our cousins. Or we might not.
Live for Today
What is your intention for today? Are there ways you can bring joy into your life today? Right now. You’re reading this blog post right now (and we are very grateful for that!); however, ask yourself if there is something else you’ve been meaning to do that will make you happy…and go do it! Here are some ideas to spark your creativity:
- Call that friend who you haven’t talked to in a year and catch up.
- Take a walk
- Bake cookies
- Go to the museum
- Take a day trip to the mountains or a lake or the beach or park.
- Plant a tree or vegetables or flowers
- Go to a baseball game (professional, minor league or little league)
- Watch a comedy
- Read books to school kids
- Have coffee with a neighbor
- Play tennis with a friend
- Organize your photo album
- Play a board game
- Prepare a candlelight dinner for you and your spouse
- Go take photos
- Write a letter
- Read a book
- Go to the park
- Get ice cream with your kids
Of course there is a balancing act. Sometimes, doing the things we’ve always wanted to do takes some research and planning. Seize the day–call your travel agent and book that trip to Niagara Falls. Buy those tickets for the musical you want to see this summer. Plan that family reunion. The key is to place significance on you, your family and the ones you love so you are enjoying life to the fullest! Plan My Affairs recognizes this very well, which is why we offer the easiest, most secure online Personal Organizer. It requires commitment of time today, which pays off in peace of mind for you and your family tomorrow.